- The Sunday Telegraph: In a bid to expand its delivery empire, Amazon has emerged as an aggressive bidder for a tranche of stores Homebase is looking to offload through a sweeping restructure of its business.
- The Sunday Times: Wall Street will celebrate its longest bull market in history this week despite a financial meltdown in Turkey; the spectacular rise in share prices since the financial crisis surpasses the 1990s rally.
- The Sunday Times: French drugs giant Sanofi has warned that flu vaccine may have to be airlifted into Britain to prevent a winter crisis in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
- The Sunday Times: A group of institutions, including Kuwaiti and Singaporean sovereign wealth funds, have been accused by the secretive leisure billionaire Trevor Hemmings of trying to “unjustly enrich” themselves through complex litigation related to Royal Bank of Scotland’s 2008 rights issue.
Business and economics
- Mail on Sunday: Ford warned that it will do whatever it takes to protect its profits after blaming Brexit for a near- $1 billion fall in 2017 earnings.
- Mail on Sunday: Bob Diamond, the former Barclays chief, has come under attack from investor groups over corporate governance issues at London-listed Atlas Mara, a bank Diamond set up to focus on Africa.
- The Sunday Times: Office Outlet, the stationery chain formerly known as Staples, is believed to be considering shop closures after engaging one of the big four accountants.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Premier Oil has hired Standard Chartered to pull together a syndicate of banks to fund its hunt for more than 500 million barrels of oil by the end of the year in the disputed waters around the Falkland Islands.
- The Sunday Times: Gambling software developer Playtech is hiring a new director to spearhead into the American sports betting market.
- The Sunday Times: Former shareholders in the fantasy sports site FanDuel are considering legal actions against the private equity giants that forced through a sale of the former Scottish unicorn at a cut-down price.
- The Sunday Times: Southern Water has paid £117.3 million in dividends to its owners in its latest financial year, 10% up on the previous year, just as the industry’s regulator threatens to clamp down on payouts.
Share tips, comment and bids
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tips): Drax can put the fizz into pints... and portfolios.
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tips): Time to cash in as RBS is recovering.
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tips): Play your cards right with Card Factory for many happy returns.
- Mail on Sunday: Berkeley Group’s founder and chairman Tony Pidgley has sold £65 million of shares in the last 12 months, while chief executive Rob Perrins has cashed in £37 million, as fears rise of a downturn in the market.
- The Observer (Comment): Emerging markets: who's taking the biggest hits and why?
- The Sunday Telegraph (Comment): The heat is on and we must deal with $1.8 billion cost of rising temperatures.
- The Sunday Telegraph (Comment): Turkey's troubles may come home to roost.
- The Sunday Times (Comment): Trump war on the world is working.