The universities which produce the best fund managers
Citywire's number crunchers have asked more than 1,000 of the fund industry's most consistent stars where they studied. The results were somewhat surprising.
- How should research be priced in a post-Mifid II world? 1
- Can refundable performance fees work?
- The trials and tribulations of living through M&A
- Diary of a digital investor: Nutmeg's first investment review 4
- Clientology: City hotshots - tough and relaxed
- Mifid II demands a mindset change in delivering best execution
Scottish Mortgage shunned Uber after company threatened journalist
Managers of FTSE 100-listed investment trust reveal why they never backed troubled taxi app operator, but have recently bought into Lyft.
- Activist Third Point takes aim at 'staid' Nestle
- Alliance Trust manager: this is the hardest market in decades
- Monks poised to issue shares after stellar year
- Ranger starts arbitration over collapsed lender 1
- ScotGems squeezes to market with minimum £50m flotation 3
- Aurora fund manager bids for full control of Hornby
- Lyxor slashes fees on European ETFs by more than 50%
- Crazy in ETF love? New study imagines bottling star quality
- Lyxor slashes fees on 10-strong sector ETF range
- Perfect blend: how seven DFMs mix active and passive strategies
- Invesco PowerShares lists US value ETF
- Coombs: 'blunt tool' passive beta no use for risks ahead
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
CEO tapes 2: the active fund industry has 'over promised'
Citywire invited a batch of fund bosses to share their views on the industry ahead of this week's crucial FCA report.
Video special: what Scottish DFMs think of SNP election flop
As delegates gathered for Citywire Scotland, we asked them their take on the election.
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
Argentina’s century bond: much ado about nothing
Century bonds in EM are rare and they grab the headlines, especially when issued by a credit that has defaulted many (many) times, like Argentina.
Profile: Rathbones' fund boss on spotting emerging talent
A great fund manager is really easy to spot, says Mike Webb, chief executive of Rathbones Unit Trust Management