UBS and Deutsche in asset management merger talks
Asset management giants UBS and Deutsche Bank are in talks about a possible merger, according to the Financial Times
Transact powers past £34bn despite 'unhelpful background noise'
Platform Transact recorded its assets have hit £34.4 billion in a trading update covering the three months between January and March
Overnight Markets: S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs on upbeat earnings
Shares of United Technologies added 2.3% to lead the Dow higher after the company reported earnings that beat analyst expectations.
- Wednesday Papers: Hedge funds warm up to prospects of a pound rally
- Why MPs should receive subsidised financial advice
- Guernsey lifts suspension on two of Neil Woodford's unquoted stocks
- 117 not out: Leicester IFA extends cricket club partnership
- Meet the firm offering financial planning for £40 a month
Monzo plots 'Hargreaves for millennials' fund offering
According to The Times, Monzo is in talks with BlackRock, Fidelity and Vanguard about offering low-cost funds
Secret CEO: Is unsustainable ESG investing a hollow gesture?
Do people invest to meet an investment objective or do they invest to change the world for the better?
Oil stocks weigh on FTSE but Unilever climbs on strong sales
Oil majors and Asia-focused banks weigh on FTSE 100 but shares in Unilever rally on strong first quarter sales.