Ollie Smith: Waspi women at least deserve decency
Warring factions and unwillingness to accept the compromises offered by some politicians, Waspi's state pension campaign is often dismissed. But its central grievance is not misplaced and should be taken seriously, argues Ollie Smith.
FCA to raise FOS compensation limit to £350k
The award limit for complaints submitted to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will increase from £150,000 to £350,000, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced.
Analyst tips Briggs to replace Wilson as new Aviva chief exec
Former Friends Life boss Andy Briggs has been named as one of the contenders for the new Aviva top job by an analyst.
Eight wealth managers reveal their favourite alternative funds
Wealth Manager readers name eight funds pursuing investment opportunities in ways that go beyond traditional strategies.
RBC: client exodus leaves Gars on course for £12bn outflow in 2018
Net outflows from Gars are at record levels and will hit £12 billion in 2018, according to RBC Capital Markets.
The funds that dived and thrived in a torrid week
A heavy sell-off in 'darling' AIM stocks took a big bite out of some funds, while one fund surged 11% in the sell-off.
- Top AIM manager Mumford shocked by Patisserie Valerie crisis
- BlackRock wins race for £30bn Scottish Widows mandate
- FOS blames Berkeley Burke for due diligence failings in key court battle
- Trusts tumble as sell-off sparks fear among investors
- Hargreaves Lansdown shares dive 7% on 'industry-wide slowdown' warning