Miners and banks boost FTSE as Footasylum surges on JD Sports bid
Miners and banks drive up FTSE 100, while Footasylum shares surge on JD Sports takeover.
- Five shares the pros are buying and selling
- Monday Papers: Commerzbank and Deutsche begin merger talks
- Asian shares gain as investors await US-China trade developments
- Sunday Papers: Back my Brexit or we’ll never leave, says Theresa May 4
- Saturday Papers: Philip Green eyes job and store cuts in Topshop revamp 4
- FTSE buoyed by vote for Brexit delay as oil majors rally
Richard Stone: why we have to put Brexit back to the people
Brexit-supporting Share Centre chief executive returns to his case for a second referendum which, while unpalatable, he says is difficult to reject in democratic terms as nearly three years have passed since original vote.