- The Sunday Times: A senior House of Commons official helped rebel MPs who are plotting to derail Brexit, leaked emails showed.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Gopichand Hinduja, Britain’s richest man, has warned that the country’s wealthiest business people are fleeing abroad amid mounting complications over tax.
- The Sunday Times: In a rare move, the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has ordered property agents to reflect the havoc sweeping the retail industry, which may result into further cut in the valuations of high street shops and shopping centres.
Business and economics
- The Sunday Telegraph: Fears are mounting that the $1.4 trillion risky loan market could lead to a subprime mortgage-style meltdown after Bank of England research.
- Mail on Sunday: Britain's top bosses are being paid as much as 1,000 times more than the average wage of their employees, an analysis of accounts filed by the country’s 100 biggest listed companies showed.
- The Sunday Times: SpectraLegal, a specialist funder of law firms that aims to fill the gap left by cuts to legal aid, has raised £100 million.
- The Sunday Telegraph: A multimillion-pound “rescue” loan from Patisserie Valerie’s boss Luke Johnson will outrank the coffee and cake chain’s shareholders if it collapses into administration in the coming days, as is widely expected.
- The Sunday Times: KPMG has raised the alarm over the way a council is buying commercial property - part of a £5.7 billion spree by local authorities across Britain over the past decade.
- The Sunday Times: A growing number of business leaders want a second referendum to break the Brexit impasse following last week’s heavy Commons defeat of Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement.
Share tips, comment and bids
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tips): Mining expert Weir can unearth rich seam of profits.
- The Sunday Telegraph: The ongoing government shutdown is likely to delay significantly the much-awaited initial public offerings of multiple US tech companies.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Hosking Partners, Flybe's largest shareholder, is threatening legal action to block a Virgin Atlantic-led takeover of the airline after reportedly accusing its bosses of neglecting their duty as directors.
- The Sunday Times: A three-way bid battle between Unilever, Kellogg’s and PepsiCo for the healthy-snack business Graze is set for a finale next month after the deadline for offers was extended.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Tesco and Morrisons are positioned to block the £10 billion merger of Sainsbury’s and Asda by refusing to buy scores of stores due to be spun off on the orders of monopolies watchdogs.
- The Sunday Times: Vulture funds are buying up Pizza Express’ debt on the cheap in an attempt to seize control.
- The Observer (Comment): Faced with a world of troubles, will Davos offer any solutions?
- The Sunday Telegraph (Comment): Stop moaning about Brexit and get on with working out solutions.