Portfolios lift as oil soars, pound falls and Trump tempers tensions
Brexit fears reared their head again this week, knocking the pound and in the process giving added impetus to a modest stock market recovery from falls sparked by the tariffs tit-for-tat between the US and China.
- Pound and FTSE fall as no-deal Brexit fears resurface 1
- Woodford's Kymab plans US stock market flotation 3
- Friday Papers: Pound tumbles as May agrees to announce departure date 8
- The Expert View: Thomas Cook, Burberry and National Grid 4
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street rises for third straight session on data, earnings
- Pound falls and FTSE rises as May agrees to set exit date 9
David Stevenson: bank shares could be a surprise safe haven in a sell-off
I know it sounds daft, but reforms to banks since the financial crisis have left the sector looking much more defensive.