Oil and miners drive FTSE higher as Fed takes hikes off table
Federal Reserve signals it will hold back from raising interest rates for the rest of the year, driving FTSE 100 higher.
- Overnight Markets: Tech sector buoys Wall Street in wake of dovish Fed statement
- Aviva says Bramson's Barclays raid will fail after backing bank 2
- US dividend hunter snaps up healthcare stocks after sell-off
- Thursday Papers: May blames parliament for Brexit delay
- The Expert View: Kingfisher, Balfour Beatty and IQE 1
- Overnight Markets: Financials stifle Wall Street rally after Fed statement
David Stevenson: dividends may soon be a problem for stock markets
I've written hundreds of pages on the importance of dividends, but they could soon become a problem, rather than a solution, for volatile stock markets.