FTSE and pound extend rally as May odds on to survive vote
(Update) UK stock market and sterling rally as prime minister Theresa May viewed as likely to win this evening's no-confidence vote making a hard Brexit less likely.
- Fund managers count cost of Patisserie Valerie scandal 1
- The Expert View: GlaxoSmithKline, WPP and Ashtead 7
- Wednesday Papers: May faces fresh threat of leadership coup
- Overnight Markets: Dow, S&P 500 close lower in volatile trade
- FTSE revives in global rally as US-China trade talks resume 2
- Nick Train dares to dream Pearson can come good 2
David Stevenson: why this passive investing pioneer is worried
Burton Malkiel, one of the founding fathers of passive investing, has lost none of his enthusiasm for ETFs and the rise of China. But he does have some worries.